Tomorrow, I will be joining 8 fellow flash briefing creators to share what we’ve collectively learned about the world of micros-casting. For those who might not be familiar with Flash Briefings, they’re essentially short-form podcasts that typically range anywhere from 1-7 minutes. During The Voice of the Flash Briefing online event, the 9 of us, along with the host, Bradley Metrock, will present on how to get started with a flash briefing, how to utilize one’s micro-cast, and share our key takeaways from experimenting with this new medium. Each panelist will speak for about 20 minutes and cover a different aspect of the medium. The schedule will be as follows:
- Jen Lehner – Flash Briefing: Front Row Entrepeneur – Topic: “Using Your Briefing to Grow Your Audience and Your Business”
Jen’s flash briefing covers all things social media, productivity, digital marketing and online business. She maintains a 5 star review across 101 reviews on Amazon, making her flash briefing one of the highest rated ones out there.
- Me – Flash Briefing: Future Ear Radio – Topic: “Using a Flash Briefing as a Promotional Vehicle to a Broader Content Ecosystem”
The point of my flash briefing is to get you here, my blog, which has been an effective way in growing my readership and creating more engagement with my audience. I’m looking forward to sharing my experience and how virtually any content creator can use a flash briefing as a promotional vehicle.
- Collin Borns – Flash Briefing: Voicing Business – Topic: “Flash Briefings and Being Top of Mind”
Collin’s micro-cast covers the intersection of the business world and voice technology. He also runs the podcast, Voicing Startups, where he interviews founders of the startups in the voice technology space. He does a great job of providing a business perspective to everything that’s transpiring in the world of voice.
- Armel Beaudry – Trebble.fm (microcasting platform) – “Getting Your Briefing Up and Running in a Heartbeat without spending any Money”
Armel is the founder and CEO of Trebble.fm, a flash briefing hosting platform. Trebble.fm is a cool concept as it allows listeners to curate and customize various micro-casts together to form their flash briefing. Creators can use the platform too to host and distribute their content.
- Dr. Teri Fisher – Flash Briefing: Voice in Canada – Topic: “Gamified Flash Briefings and Voice Marketing Funnels”
Teri has a daily flash briefing that he uses in conjunction with his podcasts (Alexa in Canada & Voice First Health) centered around Alexa usage in Canada and Alexa + healthcare. Along with his expertise around these two topics, he’s also a wealth of knowledge on setting up and implementing a flash briefing and has set up a free online course to set one up. His topic is sure to be very interesting as he recently discovered a uniquely successful way to gamify and grow his flash briefing audience.
- Suze Cooper (Keynote) – Flash Briefing: Social Days – Topic: “Smart Radio Secrets for Flash Briefing Creators”
Suze’s company, Big Tent Media, helps small businesses tell their stories online through the creation of websites and social media. Her flash briefing, Social Days, provides listeners with a quick rundown of what “special day of the year it is” such as “#Superhero Day” so that marketers can stay on top of what’s trending in an effort to keep their content fresh.
- Janice Mandel – Flash Briefing: VOICE Daily Briefing – Topic: “Flashbriefing as Part of the Event Organizer’s Toolbox”
Janice is the programming and content director for the annual Voice Summit. She led a team that published a daily flash briefing leading up to the event called the Voice Daily Flash Briefing. In each episode, the event organizers of the Voice Summit would speak to various aspects about the upcoming event as a way to build hype and awareness of what’s going to take place. A very clever use of a microcast that could easily be replicated by any event.
- Daniel Hill – Flash Briefing: Instagram Stories – Topic: “Transitioning from Podcasting to Microscasting”
Daniel’s flash is entirely geared around Instagram and how to most effectively use the app. Daniel provides daily insights around new features and developments, teasing out upcoming features in order to prepare for, and shares how people are leveraging various aspects of Instagram for their personal or businesses’ benefit.
- Peter Stewart – Flash Briefing: The Smart Speakers Daily – Topic: “Ten Tips, Tricks and Tech To Do a Show Like a Pro”
Peter is an award-winning BBC broadcaster and his flash briefing features news about everything from recently released features and functions of smart speakers to voice branding your own personality to voice-oriented sales strategy. He routinely provides fresh insights into all things voice first.
- Adrian Simple – Flash Briefing: The Gaming Observer – Topic: “Putting the Listener First”
Adrian’s flash briefing shares daily updates on the world of gaming, including news around upcoming titles, in-game updates, and tips & tricks for some of the most popular games. His flash briefing has boasts a 5 star rating across 268 customer reviews, showing that he’s been at this for a while and has clearly found a recipe for success.
This should be a pretty great event for anyone that’s looking to get started with a flash briefing of their own, but not really sure where to start. Or, if you’ve already started and looking for creative ways to grow your audience, then this is the right spot for you. Register today and I hope to see you in there tomorrow!
-Thanks for Reading-